Pages

Welcome

This is a great place for recipes to try, to read my blogs about life, see me progress with my photography and find out what my next project to help others is. Becky Lipp is ALL about love, a place of positivity, reflection and beauty. Thanks for taking the time to join me.

Tuesday 16 August 2011

Sunshine

"Just living is not enough, said the butterfly, one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower." ~ Hans Christian Andersen

Even on a cold Winter's day a little bit of sunshine can do the world of good to ones soul.  Today was a beautiful day in Auckland and I thoroughly enjoyed sitting in the sun, feeling its warmth on my face, while the boys played on their bikes.  That little taste of warmth has made me very eager for Summer bbq's, swimming, and some beach time.  Long Summer days entertaining with friends and family, eating and drinking beautiful food together, listening to music.....aaaaaahhh, just can't wait!!

JANDALS, I can't wait to be living in my jandals again.  I have permanent jandal marks on my feet all year round as I literally wear them a long as I can.  Summer means jandals again - yay!

Sunshine really is good for the soul and has a healing power. It destroys harmful bacteria and sunrays supply us Vitamin D.  Vitamin D is absorbed by our skin and then gradually conveyed by the blood from the skin to the inner organs and all the cells of our body. I never knew that this process takes time so it is best not to wash the skin with soap and hot water straight after being in the sun.  Allow a couple of hours if possible to get the suns full benefits. Obviously we have to be safe in the sun but I absolutely love felling the sun's rays on my skin.  It feels like I am literally soaking up happiness!

"The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world’s joy." ~ Henry Ward Beecher

No comments:

Post a Comment