Pages

Welcome

This is a great place for recipes to try, to read my blogs about life, see me progress with my photography and find out what my next project to help others is. Becky Lipp is ALL about love, a place of positivity, reflection and beauty. Thanks for taking the time to join me.

Monday 29 August 2011

Gooey Lemon Slice


So lemon trees are laden with lemons at the moment. I love hot lemon drinks with a bit of honey and I also love a bit of lemon gooey slice with a large helping of whipped cream.

Here is the recipe if you love that citrus tang, meringue-like crust and an overload of sweet...

Crust Ingredients
1 1/2 cups of flour
3/4 cup caster sugar
150g butter, softened and cubed

Filling Ingredients
4 large free range eggs
1 3/4 cups caster sugar
zest from 3 lemons
2/3 cup of lemon juice
1/3 cup plain flour
Icing sugar

Preheat over to 180 degrees C.  Line a 20cm x 35cm rectangle tin with non-stick baking paper.

Sieve flour into bowl and add sugar and butter.  I mix it for ages in my mixer until it resembles a crumble or breadcrumb look.  Press crumbs evenly over base of prepared tin and bake for 15 minutes until golden.  Remove and reduce the over down to 140 degrees C.

While the base is in the oven whisk the eggs and sugar together until very thick and pale in colour (the longer the better).  Fold in lemon juice, zest and then flour.  Pour over crust and bake for about 40 minutes or until set (when you take it out give it a slight shake to see if it is still running, if so, bake a little longer).  Cool completely before removing and cutting into squares.  Dust with icing sugar. I keep mine in the fridge....yummy!

1 comment:

  1. We are no strangers to lemon or citrus tarts in our house...usually saved for special occasions and served with a dollop of marscapone!!
    I have friend coming for morning tea tomorrow, so decided to try your recipe...being time short and lemon rich!! I just popped it into the food processor...The result was devine!!!! Thanks for sharing this recipe Bex...easiest version I have tried and oh so yummy...couldn't wait for it to cool though...I just had to cut a sneaky slice or two...warm, gooey and so decadent tasting...I can only hope there is still some left for morning tea tomorrow..lol.. xx

    ReplyDelete